Thursday, April 2, 2015

The Author Post: Blog #26, "Writing the Words Spoken by Jesus"

Jesus wrote in Jeremiah 30:2 (NIV), "Thus says the LORD, the God of Israel, Write all the words which I have spoken to you in a book."

Jesus spoke this verse and the Bible was writtenI love Jeremiah 30:2 and can so relate to it because when I write, Jesus speaks the words to me. He speaks every idea, every character, every setting, every thought, every action..every word. He created the "Bibletoons" series through me to reach children and adults of all ages in order to draw them nearer to Him. My books are written to teach the Word of God mainly to children, in a delicately spiritual way, so that those who enjoy them can feel His presence, take heart, and incorporate His teachings into their lives as they grow.


Prior to that verse, Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV) is my very favorite, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." These are powerful words that the Lord spoke to each and every one of us! If they weren't written down, we wouldn't be able to blend them into our lives! For that matter, what if all the words in the entire Bible were not translated and written in a book? Our guide to life would not exist!


My best thoughts come to me late at night, in the peacefulness of my home, when all is silent and I'm alone with Jesus in prayer and with my quiet thoughts. It is a time where the thoughts of my day all come together and new ones arise. Words shower my soul like a million drops of rain, nourishing my mind with new life. I can think clearly and precisely, meditating on all that is good.

I love writing because Jesus is a writer. He is actually also the author of every one of us, knowing how each of our stories will turn out. He instills goodness and intelligence within us in order for us to bring joy to ourselves and others through His love.

I have a Jesus Journal that I write in when He speaks ideas to me. I also write prayers, notes of thanks to Him, accomplishments that He has led, goals that He encourages me to strive for, and intimate messages between us. My journal is my communication with the Lord, and my life stems from each treasured word.


There are many scriptures in the Bible that emphasize writing and communication. Deuteronomy 27: 2-3 says, "So it shall be on the day when you cross the Jordan to the land which the LORD your God gives you, that you shall set up for yourself large stones and coat them with lime and write on them all the words of this law, when you cross over, so that you may enter the land which the LORD your God gives you, a land flowing with milk and honey, as the LORD, the God of your fathers, promised you." Interesting! "a land flowing with milk and honey, as the LORD, the God of your fathers, promised you." Imagine writing down in earnest the things that the Lord places on your heart!? Writing scriptures! Writing inspiration! Writing ideas of purpose! Think of all the blessings that would POUR from them!

In Deuteronomy 6:4-9, the passage refers to the most powerful message in all the Bible which was written down for us to obey.. The Ten Commandments..You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates." How powerful is that!? Jesus wrote down this command in order for us to obey it and so that we can live lives of integrity! Writing has always been the first and foremost means of communication, expressing everything needed to be relayed. Important things and things we want to remember are written down.

The Lamb's Book of Life is a record written by God before the creation of the world, listing people who will live forever in the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, it states in Revelation 21:27 referring to heaven that, "Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's Book of Life."

Dig deep within your soul and refresh your mind with insightful ideas, and lovingly write them in a special place. Let those words be the guidelines to your success, whether as an author or any profession you are passionate about. Read the Bible and books that will inspire you on a daily basis, pray as often as you breath, write notes of encouragement around your home, create a special and peaceful atmosphere where you live, hug your loved ones often, be thankful for all that you have, write your deepest thoughts down, for THIS will enhance the special purpose that God created you for. All these things are ways to conjure up and ignite the person that you really and truly are. Please God continually and you shall reap the harvest of success and abundance planted and written within you, fulfilling your every dream and desire.


May God surround every aspect of your life and bless your endeavors!









.

No comments:

Post a Comment